Introducing the Viz.Bible Domain and Other Changes

MetaV has come a long way since it started as a Microsoft Access database in 2008. At first I tacked it onto an old personal blog. When Tableau Public was launched, I put it there right away. When .bible top-level domains became available earlier this year, I decided it was time for another change.

Viz.Bible is more clearly describes what MetaV has grown into. I began collecting Bible data before I had any idea what to do with it. Now it’s all about visualizing metadata to find insights and communicate ideas. It goes well with my @bibleviz Twitter handle. It’s short and to the point. I like it.

For now, I have no plans to change the logo or other branding elements. “MetaV” still seems like a good name for the “metadata version” database. Existing pages and links to will still work thanks to domain forwarding.

It’s Still About the Data, Too

While the site is focused on visualization, cleaning and expanding the data is ongoing. Along with the domain change I have made several updates to the raw data sets. These changes aren’t in the Tableau views yet, but should be soon. I will post more details on the changes and some decisions that went into them later. For now, you can see the newest files at which links to GitHub.

There is never a shortage of ideas for what is possible with this data. I will continue to share those as time goes on here at Viz.Bible. If you have ideas of your own, please leave a reply or find me on Twitter.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.